“Controller” means the Company which is the organization that determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Data is Processed and used in its business.
“Processor” means any Person Processing Personal Data.
“Data Subject” means all living individuals about whom the Company holds Personal Data.
“Electronic” means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
“Person” means a natural person, corporation, association, organization, partnership, or other legal entity.
“Personal Data” means information (whether stored Electronically or in paper based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal Data can be factual (such as a name, address, date of birth, social security number or driver’s license number), sensitive (such as financial account information, protected health or medical details or information about a living individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life, or about the commission of, or proceedings for, any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by that living individual, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings) or it can be an opinion (such as a performance appraisal). It can even include a simple e-mail address. It is important that the information has the Data Subject as its focus and affects the living individual’s privacy in some way.
“Processing” is any activity that involves use of the Personal Data. It includes, without limitation, obtaining, recording or holding the Personal Data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the Personal Data including organizing, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. Processing also includes transferring Personal Data to third parties.
2. What Personal Data does the company collect?
You can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data. But in some circumstances we may request, and you may submit Personal Data, which may include:
2.1 Information you give us
When you contact us through our Site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, we may collect Personal Data including:
- contact information, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- employment information, such as title, division, and current employer;
- financial information, such credit card and account information;
- for job applicants, additional personal information such as a resumé or C.V., salary history, education history, security clearance history and status, citizenship information, and position sought, as applicable;
- for current or prospective suppliers and subcontractors, personal information such as social security number, diversity-related information (e.g., ethnicity), country of citizenship, and federal tax ID number;
2.2 Information we collect about you
When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages on our Site you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
2.3 Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
The cookies we may use on this Site are:
Cookies: Google Analytics.
Purpose: This third party cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use the Site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
More detailed information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data
In order to comply with applicable data privacy laws, including the European Union’s General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”), we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- our own legitimate business interests, or the legitimate business interests of our third party partners and vendors, such as, for example, providing opportunities for customers to request a quote purchase of our products or services, offering marketing materials, maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities, permitting prospective employees to search and apply for job opportunities, handling inquiries from our distributors, vendors, and customers, or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest;
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations.
4. How does the company use Personal Data?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1 Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- To send you direct marketing and promotional materials, or other communications;
- To respond to requests for information, services, or email notifications, or to respond to other enquiries;
- For training purposes, quality assurance, and to record details about the products and services you order from us;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and our vendors or distributors;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer, or that are offered by our affiliates or third party vendors, that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To make inquiries about you for credit reference purposes;
- To perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data);
- For prospective employees, to respond to your job application and process your CV.
4.2 Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
4.3 Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. Do we share your Personal Data with any third parties?
We do not sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Data with third parties, except as described in this Policy. We may share personal information with our affiliates and service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, distributors, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you request or authorize it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, personal information relating to customers, suppliers, and vendors may be one of the transferred assets);
- the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors, or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.);
- we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual espionage, cybersecurity events, or other fraudulent or illegal activity.
In such circumstances, only Certified Thermoplastics, and its authorized affiliates, contractors, suppliers, or service providers will have access to your Personal Data. These third parties are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the law. We ensure that they agree to put in place adequate measures to safeguard your Personal Data, and they will be required to use any Personal Data for only the intended purpose for which it was shared.
We may share your Personal Data with other companies so that they can contact you with details of other products or services you may be interested in. We will only do this if you have agreed to this and where such companies agree to use your personal information for that purpose only. You can ask us not to continue to provide your personal information to any third parties in future by contacting us at the address below.
6. Where we store your Personal Data
7. How we protect your Personal Data
Ducommun uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, administrative and technological safeguards to protect your Personal Data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site via the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
8. How long we store your Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product or service) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. In some cases, there is a legal requirement to keep Personal Data for a minimum period of time. Unless this is the case, we do not keep your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
9. Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
If you are a resident of the EEA, you are accorded additional protections under the GDPR, with which we comply. Subject to certain exceptions, EEA residents have the following right with respect to their Personal Data:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you;
- To request that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or supplemented;
- To have your Personal Data erased, unless we have a legitimate reason to retain the Personal Data (such as if we are required to do so for legal reasons); and
- To ask us not to process your Personal Data for a particular purpose, including for marketing.
All of these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. For example, we will not be obligated to erase your Personal Data if we need to retain it to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a written request to us using the contact information set forth at the end of this Policy.
10. Access to your Personal Data
You have the right, at any time, to object to the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and/or the receipt or further receipt of specific or all types of marketing information, or to object to the use of your Personal Data for any processing activity. To do so, you can direct your request by post to the address listed below or by e-mail.
11. Protecting children’s privacy
Our Site is not designed nor intended to be used by children (those under the age of 18, “Minors”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Minors. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any information to us.
12. Links to other websites
This Site is owned and operated by Certified Thermoplastics. If you have any questions or
200 Sandpoint Avenue, Suite 700
Santa Ana, CA 92707-5759
or you can simply click on Contact Us to send us an email.
Effective Date: May 25, 2018